Four-valve AC receiver
in dark oak cabinet with built-in
speaker, painted black aluminum front with Bakelite
Otto van Tussenbroek.
Built by Van der Heem & Bloemsma, The Hague. The radio was introduced in 1931 and uses the same chassis as
the KY108, with only some small modifications.
The knobs from left to right: primary
tuning, reaction control, secondary tuning, wavelength
switch. Both tuning scales (scale 0-100) are illuminated by a bicycle lamp (6
V, 0.3 A).
A gramophone connector is mounted on the
as well as the earth and aerial sockets. The Philips electromagnetic loudspeaker 2044 is connected with a
separate connector, so that an external speaker can be
used as well.
receiver module is mounted in the upper part of the
the power module is mounted at the bottom. In the left side are volume control, the power switch and the
connection to the mains.
Date stamp on the coupling transformer: January 11, 1932.
The radio uses the chassis of the KY108. This is clearly visible, when looking at the power supply module, inserted at the bottom. Right (above 506K rectifier,
which is mounted upside down, just like in the KY108) we can still see the spot where the power plug could be inserted in the KY108.
In the KY113, the power cord connection was moved to the side of the cabinet, as shown below.
The left side of the radio with volume
control, power switch and power cord connection
Erres KY113 leaflet
The illuminated scales by
Deze pagina is voor het laatst bijgewerkt op
donderdag 20 juni 2019