Van Roon &
Co. was a Vlaardingen based company that initially traded in
bicycles. The store was located at the Hoogstraat.
In the spring of 1933 the
construction of a garage in the 2e Leijden Gaelstraat 18
started. In the course of 1934 the building was further expanded
with offices and showrooms.
For a number of years Van Roon also sold radios,
manufactured under the brand name Ronofoon.
The chassis were made by the Waldorp company in
Radios were sold in the same way as
Cornelis and his brother Jan van Roon drove through the
surroundings of Vlaardingen by bike to sell bicycles and
covered large parts of Zuidholland, Zeeland and Brabant.
the Second World War, 550 Ronofoon radios were handed in
in the year 1943.
On the right an advertisement
for a Ronofoon radio in newspaper "De Zeeuw" of
November 16, 1929.