Home
Radios
  Rubis
    Rubis radios
Loudspeakers
Other items
Valves
Nostalgia
Links
For sale

 

Little is known about the Rubis brand. Almost no documentation has survived, and even at the location in Fontaine-L'Evêque, a town in the Walloon province of Hainaut in Belgium, close to Charleroi, almost nothing remained of the company that was established there.
The company with the name "Postes et Amplificateurs Rubis" was founded in September 1929 at Rue de Roux in Fontaine-L'Evêque by Eudore-Désiré Brasseur and Adelin Daivière. The company's goal was to manufacture, purchase and sell radio devices. The office and the factory were located at the Rue de la Briquetterie 10-12 in Fontaine-L'Evêque. The picture on the left shows the location as it is now.
The receivers are marketed under the brand name Rubis. They are characterized by a luxurious look and elegant Art Deco design. The technique is innovative, the manufacture is artisanal and production is therefore small. Many radios are equipped with two electrodynamic loudspeakers.
The last radios are made in 1937.
In 1938 Rubis opens a sales office in the Rue de la Régence 4 in Charleroi. The operating results are rather poor and in order to survive they also start a radio repair workshop for radios of all brands. After the war, in 1945, the company moved to a former borough of Charleroi, Dampremy (Planche), at the Rue de Bruxelles 341.
(With many thanks to Guido Nys for a part of this text)
 

The Rubis logo

 

Rue de la Briquetterie 10-12, Fontaine-L'Evêque

Advertisement for type 56 in magazine Radio Revue, 1935

Deze pagina is voor het laatst bijgewerkt op donderdag 02 februari 2017