Société Coopérative La Radiophonie Belge;a cooperative
association, was founded by Messrs Jacques Cantillon and
Charles Verstraete in the year 1924. Both had worked for
the merchant navy, Mr. Cantillon as deck officer and Mr.
Verstraete as radio officer.
Catalogus uit het jaar 1934
Under the brand name Radiobe, a number of
radios were made in the 1920s.
For Radio-Phono (Le Magasin Noir &
Blanc), 67, boulevard Maurice Lemonnier in Brussels
the company made the crystal receiver "Le Canari"
and the matching amplifier "Ténor".
In 1927 La
Radiophonie Belge won a gold medal at the
The company was established at a number
of addresses in Brussels during the course of its
existence: rue de la
Madelaine 15 with offices and factory in the rue van
Helmont, 23. In the 30s 53, rue du Poinçon. After the
war: rue de Woeringen, 9.
were branches in Antwerp, Ghent and Liège.
The company imported, among others, the
brands Zenith, Varley, Bulgin, Dubilier, Firchow, LRB,
Partridge, Perpetuum-Ebner and Plessey.
La Radiophonie existed until the nineties
of the last century.
They were mainly engaged in import