Société Radialva was founded by Albert
Véchambre in December 1927, at 43, rue Saint-Denis in Asnières.
Later, the company moved to 1, rue J.J. Rousseau in Asnières.
Radialva Super-Boum (1949)
In June 1930 Albert's brother Henri Véchambre
joined the company, and the company name changed to Véchambre
Frères. The production of radios started that year, initially
with 10 employees. The first radio in that year was the B2, a
three-valve receiver with indirectly heated tubes, soon followed
by the B3 and B4, both equipped with 4 tubes.
In 1932 the first
superheterodyne was made, the S6. In 1934 the first
radio for AC/DC came on the market: the Radialvette.
Shortly before and after
the war Radialva mainly produced small radios in
attractive cabinets, made of of modern plastics. The
Super-Groom, a small radio from 1939 with a large dial
and a side-mounted loudspeaker, sold more than 100,000
copies. The Super-Boum from 1949 was a fine example of
design using new types of plastic.
In 1951 Radialva started
the manufacture of televisions and introduced the Fugue,
a portable tube radio. The company remained active until
the 80s of the last century.
Deze pagina is voor het laatst bijgewerkt op
donderdag 27 september 2018