Radiowerken (NRW) was founded in 1924 in Doorn by
Ir. Willem Frederik de Mol van Otterloo. Later
he became a partner with Dr.Frederik Lodewijk
From the year 1926 NRW was located at the
Pieterskerkhof 17 in Utrecht in the former factory of
the Eerste Nederlandsche
Utrecht (ENEM).The activities of the ENEM
were taken over by NRW.
In addition to radios, the company also
made rectifiers, coil sets, time switches, loudspeakers
NRW made radios from 1924 until
about 1931. After 1927, the brand name "Rumol", an amalgamation of the
surnames of the founders,
Conflicts with Philips over licenses in
the period 1929 - 1930 were the reason that in 1932 the
company eventually went bankrupt.
In 1934 it was dissolved.
Advertisement in newspaper Utrechtsch Nieuwsblad
May 1, 1930. The Utrecht Dom tower is part of
the Romol logo
the Nederlandsche Radiowerken from 1925 designed by Jan Rinke in 1925
Deze pagina is voor het laatst bijgewerkt op
zondag 06 januari 2019