The company is founded in the early 1920s
in Beek and Donk. The founder is C.R.M. (Cor) Thijssens,
born in 1902 in Beek en Donk.
Thijssens is active early: in 1921 he
sells his first radio to the mayor of Aarle-Rixtel,
after he had a technical training at Steehouwer
Technical Institute in Rotterdam and worked for some
time at Koumans & Polak, also in Rotterdam.
In 1921 and 1922 he sails as a radio
operator on a number of ships and in July 1923, the
previously founded company was given the name
"Radio-Technisch Bureau C.R.M. Thijssens". Until the
beginning of 1926, radio receivers were manufactured
under this name. In the most productive period,
1924-1928, a large number of models appear that are
sold throughout the Netherlands. In March 1926 the
name of the company was changed to "Radio-Onderneming
At the end of 1928 the company
searched for a larger place and at the beginning of
1929 a new building was put into operation in Veghel.
Minimax makes more and more radios that operate on
the mains. Unfortunately, the economic situation
deteriorates in that year, which means that the
company still earns little. Because of this, the
company eventually stops its activities in 1934. Cor
Thijssens then joins Philips.