On November 1st, 1923 Hermann Mende
and Rudolf Müller, start Radio H. Mende & Co. (GmbH) in Dresden.
The company produces electrical items made from pressed material
but not long afterwards also "detection- receivers".
In 1925 the company is one of the biggest in its field in
Germany, with over 3000 workers. In this year 2000 radios were
Interesting is "System Günther". Ulrich Günther
came from Koch &
Sterzel, Dresden, where he registered patent DRP 414018 in 1924
with the title "Audionempfänger
mit gleichbleibender Dämpfung". (Audio receivers with
1931 Mende already build 111.000 radios. In 1932 Mende takes
over the radio department of Koch & Sterzel.
The models of the series "Weltklasse" are state of the art in 1933.
These models offer very good
reception of short wave frequencies.
In 1937 Mende celebrates the one millionth radio
since its foundation. In that year alone 200.000 receivers were
sold. Almost all components were made in the Mende factories.
In 1938 every third 2-circuit, 3 valve
radio in Germany is a Mende. The yearly production rises to 250.000
In June 1945 the Russians dismantle the factory
and transport everything to the Soviet Union.
After the war Mende
continues production in Bremen under the name Nordmende.
In the DDR the company
continues under the name
VEB Funkwerk Dresden
Advertising leaflet 1938/1939