On March 23, 1922 Kunstzaal Edison opened its doors. The shop was owned
by Larsen de Brey & Co, and was situated at Lange
Poten 15 in The Hague. The offices were at Willem de Zwijgerlaan
93 in The Hague. The
company imported Farrand loudspeakers
and sold New Edison gramophones, as main importer of Thomas A. Edison Inc.
De Brey had shops in a number of main cities and also in the former
Dutch East-Indies. In the years
1925-1941, radios were sold under the name "Crystalphone".
Well known models were the "Crystalphone 4a" and "Junior". Later models (in
the 30s) were
made by Waldorp and Van der Heem and the German makers Lange and
Sachsenwerk. In 1938-1941, German company Körting made radios for