Gautzsch came to Amsterdam on November 20, 1879 and started his
Gautzsch-Petroleum en Reuzenbrand". Business developped
quickly and the company was awarded a gold medal in 1899 for its
gas oven. In 1902 the name of the company was changed to G.G.G., Gautzsch Gas
Gloeilichtmaatschappij, and in 1919 to Gautzschí IndustrieŽle
Maatschappij voor Elektriciteit en Gas.
Betweenabout 1925and 1929radioswere also among the
product range.Whetherthese radios were madebyGimeg or by
another companyis unknown.Theradiosseem to have been
made specifically for theDutchmarket.Known radios
were built inoak cabinetsandhavefronts with Dutch
inscriptions. Very few advertisements were found.
registersof radios handed in during
Gimegradios were found.
above was found in the AVRO radio guide of
November 6, 1927.
Many yearsandseveral locations
inthe Netherlands and abroadlater, the company
Gautzschsettled in1964 atitscurrent address,
abroad. GautzschGimegBelgiumsettled thereonJune 16, 1965.
The company still exists and
is now a specialized
supplier oftechnical,camping and caravanaccessories.