E.C.& A. Grammont; Société des Téléphones was
founded in 1914 in Caluire et Cuire, near Lyon. Later on the
address is 11 rue Raspail in Malakoff (Hauts-de-Seine) and 41
rue Cantacrel, Paris. In the beginning Grammont made lighting
bulbs, later they became well known when they started producing
TM (Télégraphie Militaire) radio valves during the First World
War. Production started in 1915. Grammont used the brand name
Radio Fotos for these valves.
Later, around 1923, Grammont starts making
In the beginning Grammont mainly makes crystal
sets. The company is very active between 1930 and 1960. In 1936
Grammont launches the first French television set with 120-240
In the beginning of the sixties Grammont
cooperates with a number of other companies like Ribet-Desjardins
In 1967 there is a merger between Grammont,
Ribet-Desjardins en Sonneclair and the company CGE-Continental-Edison.
In 1971 Thomson takes over.